The Benefits of Massage Therapy

Please question or comment as you read my blog. I will respond with answers to your
questions as I am able. I hope that each of you will come to love the benefits of receiving
regular massage as much as I have!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stress

Stress comes into our lives in many forms. Relationship challenges, traumatic life events, or maybe just to much responsibility.

Whatever the cause it can have the same effect on our bodies. It slows the restorative processes, decreases the bodies ability to assimilate food, raises blood pressure, overworks the adrenal glands among other things, yet what we all notice is the muscle tension and areas of pain.

Headaches are a common result of stress, along with tight neck and shoulder muscles and strain on areas of the body that have been injured in the past.

If this condition sounds familiar to you, massage can help your whole body get back on track. It can be an excellent tool to reduce tension and pain. It can support your body in the natural restorative processes to restoring peace and a sense of well being.

I have seen many clients benefit from massage in this way in my practice as well as receiving massage personally and enjoying these benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment